Friday, August 9, 2013

Thankful Reflections



I ADORE taking time to stop and think about what makes me thankful.  It's one of the most reassuring practices there is!

A lovely Friday morning such as this seems like the perfect time to indulge in a bit of thankfulness reflection.  So, here goes...

Today, I'm feeling thankful for...

My friends:  I haven't taken the time to lunch with gal pals for several weeks.  This week, I purposefully carved out the time for two, separate lunch dates with friends.  I'm sure thankful I did!


An evening walk with my one and only:  Wednesday evening, amidst the threat of potential rain, Mark and I ventured out, after dinner, for a walk on the local college campus. The rain stayed away, and we enjoyed a wonderful walk in a beautiful setting.  I am grateful for the experience!


My home yoga practice:  It's been a busy summer.  As a result, I haven't made it to many yoga classes as of late.  I am proud to report, though, that my home yoga practice has endured. That makes me thankful!


Cooler days:  It's August, but it feels like September.  These cooler temps allow me to spend more quality time outdoors (smile). Saturday afternoon, we are planning a bike ride along a local park trail. My gratitude abounds for this lovely weather!


It's Friday: TGIF!!! Need I say more than that?


This dress: My new-to-me dress (Maggy London) is from a sweet little consignment shop in Michigan.  And, it's in mint condition.  Quality, at an affordable price; plus, as a second-hand item, it is a planet friendly purchase.  My thankfulness to the person who consigned this dress!

Dress: Maggy London (consigned)
Cardigan: Talbot's
Hat: Kohl's

What are you thankful for, today?  I would adore hearing about it?

Hugs and joy!  T.