Monday, August 5, 2013

Creative Style: Dress as a Tunic


How was your weekend?  Mine was exactly what I needed in order to relax and recharge for another busy work week!

Saturday was especially fun.  Mark and I headed out early for our standing breakfast date, downtown.  It was a bit nippy (temps in the 50's); so, I brought along a jean jacket.


Our day's agenda included a trip to Michigan to savor time with our oldest son, Andrew, and daughter-in-law, Amanda.  I dressed comfortably, as I knew we would be walking quite a bit.


The photos throughout this post feature what I wore that day (smile).  They were taken in downtown Bowling Green (both before and after breakfast). My creative style is mostly attributed to the sweet tunic I'm wearing.  It's vintage, and was originally sold as a mini dress. I've, however, always donned this yummy little frock with a pair of pants or leggings and tall boots.


Jean Jacket: Duck Head (it's been in my closet and a fave for years)
Tunic: Vintage (via Etsy)
Jeans: Chico's
Handbag: Milly
Sneaks: Converse
Sunnies: Dollar Tree


Where'd we go on our visit to Michigan?  We ventured into downtown Detroit--and it was fabulous!  We dined in enchanting Greektown, and enjoyed a leisurely walk throughout the bustling and vibrant downtown, which included charming Campus Martius (the city's heart or hub) and Comerica Park (the stadium where the Tigers play (a game was getting ready to begin)).  Sadly, I didn't take any photos.  Truly, I was too busy enjoying myself to do so!


Amanda suggested I let my blog's readers know that Detroit is alive and thriving--despite what they might read in the news.  You know what?  She's right!  So often it's easy to believe what we hear or read without experiencing the reality of things for ourselves--don't you think?


What did you do this weekend?  Have you ever sported a dress as a tunic?  Share with me your thoughts as I'd love hearing them!

Joy and peace!  T.