Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Creative Resourcefulness: Scarf as a Statement “Necklace”


I enjoy infusing a spot of “new life” into accessories and clothing items of mine.  It helps stretch my wardrobe and allows me to get my creative on in a super-fun way.  It's what I call, "creative resourcefulness."  

The picture below features me sporting a scarf in a fave way. It's simply wrapped once around my neck and draped down on both sides.

May 2010

 Yesterday morning, I thought I’d try something a bit different: give my scarf a bit of oomph by making into a statement necklace of sorts.  I did this by simply tying a knot in the middle of the scarf; then wrapping and draping it as usual.  I could have easily added a pin for extra pizzazz.  Another option would be to use a shorter scarf.  That would truly lend itself to the statement necklace look.



Share with me your favorite ways to creatively repurpose items you own.  I would love hearing about them!


 Linen Dress: Flax
Shoes: Candies
Scarf: Charlotte Russe
Linen T-shirt: J Crew
Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage
Watch: Pulsar


Joy and peace, T.