Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leading with Grace and Nobility




Not so long ago, I proclaimed my extreme fascination with peonies—deeming them "my inspirational symbol."  A few months before that, it was butterflies, which was followed by large windows and kites.  All these things, undoubtedly, still captivate me.

Most recently, though, I’ve also been drawn to cardinal birds.  Actually, I’ve always loved them. When I lived in Indiana (many moons ago), I saw them frequently.  Now residing in northwest Ohio, however, I rarely see them (sigh).  


A few days ago, I was doing a bit of tidying up around the house.  Adoring these lovely red birds as I do, I have been gifted (via Mark) a few "cardinal items" over the years.  That afternoon, while dusting and rearranging, I admired these cherished presents as if seeing them for the first time (or at least, the first time in a long time). Hmmm...


Then, yesterday morning, prior to sitting down to enjoy breakfast, I caught a glimpse of something red fly past the maple tree in the back yard.  Could it be?  Moments later, while dining at the breakfast table, the reddest of red cardinals circled the tree and landed on one of its branches--prominently, within my view.  Shortly before my breakfast ended, my lovely little companion flew away.

Of course, this experience (coupled with the one a few days prior) led me to research the symbolism of the cardinal bird (Surely, there's a message in these experiences, right?).  One passage spoke volumes to me: “The cardinal makes a fantastic animal totem. It reminds us to hold ourselves with pride - not ego pride. Rather, the cardinal asks us to stand a little taller, be a bit more regal, step into our natural confidence as if we were born to lead with grace and nobility.” (Quote citation: http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-cardinal.html).  Lovely, yes? Lead with grace and nobility...


What symbols are speaking clearly to you now?  I would adore hearing about them!

Joy and peace!  T.