Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to Ensure Creative Inspiration Always Abounds




Art journal collage (June 2013)

What inspires your art making, writing and other creative pursuits?  It has only been in the last few months that have come to fully realize what fuels my creative endeavors. Prior to beginning this blog (March 5, 2012), the issue of “what inspired me to create” wasn’t something I would likely stop and assess; that is—unless the question was posed to me.

I’ve come to understand it’s my intuition (Wise Self) that continuously provides me creative fodder.  One example of this is that I don’t have a set schedule of blog features occurring on a consistent basis (for example, “Fashion Friday”).  Rather, I go with that little inkling, whispering, urge inside that says, “Hey, let’s write about ___ today!” 

The key to using my intuition to fuel my creative undertakings has been to never ignore that wisdom when it’s handed to me.  No matter how far-fetched that original idea may seem, I go with it.  Sometimes in the process of an initial draft, I’ll find my work has morphed into something a bit different.  That’s okay, though.  The point is I followed my original inspiration in order to arrive at a desired outcome. 

Another tip I can offer is to try and act upon your creativeinspirations as soon as you can--after receiving them.  If you can’t (that’s the case for me oftentimes), be sure to make note of your inspired thoughts.  This way, you will have them ready for use when the opportunity for writing, art making, etc. arises.

How about you?  Do you find your creative efforts are intuitively led? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Joy and peace, T.