Thursday, May 9, 2013

Written Treasures = Instant Bliss...


“What a lot we lost when we stopped writing letters. You can’t reread a phone call.” –Liz Carpenter

Atop the desk in my home office, I have a little bundle tucked away in a basket.  Every now and again, I reach for it.  Pull it out.  Slip the ribbon tied around it off, and begin to read.

My bundle is a treasure trove containing select letters, cards, notes and post cards from friends and loved ones—some of them (like my grandmothers) are, sadly, no longer here. Others, such as my lovely friend, Elaine, have since moved many miles away.  It’s a collection of meaningful, inspiring pieces I’ve saved over the years; some of then dating back to the 1980’s.  When the blues strike, at those times when overwhelm reigns supreme, or on those days that I’m just plain old burned out, I reach, read and emerge, afterwards, a bit more blissful.  

Two recommendations I share, today:  One, keep those treasured notes, cards and letters you receive. Tuck them away, and read them on your next “rainy” day.  Two, pull out your writing basket, and create a treasure for someone special in your life.

Do you hold onto written gems, too?  If so, please share your stories!

Joy and peace, T.