Sunday, April 14, 2013

Making It Work on my Terms...

Saturday evening adaptation...

We ventured back, yesterday, following a couple of days away.  Albeit April, we encountered sleet at various points on the drive back--as well as here at home--upon our arrival... 

Our plan, Saturday night, was to head to a local pub for a drink + dinner.  It was cold, though, and the drizzle had done a "number" on my hair.  Our journey back had been long, and I truly didn't want to fuss with dressing up or a hair redo.  I decided to resolve both the chill in the air and the hair issues by donning a vintage wool beret I'd picked up while away.  Hats are a great solution for those tricky hair days.  Plus, it was an unexpected chance to wear a new (to me) piece I thought I'd not get to wear until fall.  

I hear sweatshirts are making a comeback... Aside from wearing one on a run or a hike, I can honestly say generally I don't sport them.  I decided to pull this gently-worn sweatshirt (from my undergraduate college days) off the closet shelf and pair it with a favorite scarf that's usually too heavy for this time of year and an older pair of boyfriend jeans I'd held onto (those are back in as well!).  The end result: I was comfy, and had enjoyed the opportunity to "play" with my look a bit... 

You see, sometimes it sleets in April.  Bad hair days happen.  Weariness occurs.  What I'm learning is to accept and adapt to what life has in store...and, if at all possible, have fun with the process--weather it's a matter of wardrobe or another aspect of daily living.  It's my way of making it work on my terms (smile).

Joy and peace!  T.