Sunday, March 10, 2013

When Things Don't Go as Planned...

From my art journal (September 27, 2011)

Perusing my art journal, yesterday morning, I came across something I'd written a few years ago.  I'm honestly not sure what even prompted me to write this particular thought out. Yet, I'm guessing, it was written in response to something not going off as I'd originally hoped it might...

Who knows?  Perhaps my rereading of this is timely.  Maybe these words will guide me at some point this week--when something doesn't happen the way I think it should (smile).  Because, (as I've come to realize) in real life, things don't always happen as planned...

In the hopes my etchings can make another person's foiled plans take on a brighter meaning, I'm sharing my thoughts on the matter this morning...

When Things Don't Go As Planned...

Place focus on the lesson learned,
the message for growth, 
the silver lining--
rather than the feelings of disappointment.
What gets attention is what materializes.
Consider it an act of self-compassion.

Joy, peace and happy Sunday!  T.