Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Not a Lost Hour: It's Moving Forward...

A few advertisement images I pulled (yesterday morning) for future art journal joy...

Why cry over spilled milk--or a lost hour or so for that matter?  Yup, that's right--yesterday morning arrived--one hour ahead of where many of us may have wanted it to (smile).

Amidst scads of published tweets, Facebook posts and online articles (all lamenting, BTW) over this "lost" hour, I sat, drank java, listened to chill tunes, read an assortment of stuff online, and slowly pulled images from newspaper ads for my art journal.  During this time, my house was less than (um) tidy, my book proposal beckoned, and I needed to play catch-up on various business-related "to do's."  Some may view laid back my actions as yet another "lost" hour...  I don't.

You see, I firmly believe it's more than fine to lose an hour or so--here and there--even when other matters await.  Relax. Chill. Do little--or nothing at all.  If it's done organically (in other words, it's what the Wise Self within urges), it is, indeed, just what my soul demands.

More often than not, I'll emerge from "lost" epochs feeling revitalized, more creative, and somewhat pampered.  In fact, it's the "down" time (I firmly believe) that moves me forward from that point.  Last week's "lost" Sunday a.m. efforts resulted in inspirations for two of the week's blog posts (check them out here and here).  And...this week's "lost" time, prompted today's post (Hmmm...).

So... With that all said... Relax a bit.  It's only an hour we've lost.  And, if you add a few extras to it this week (carried out organically, of course), all the better...

Happy Monday, All!  Joy and peace, T.