Friday, March 29, 2013

Creative Style: A Dress as a Skirt…

Styling a fave dress as a skirt...

Yesterday, I sported a fave dress of mine to work, and lunch out with a gal pal. As a result, I did something I only began doing in the past year: I wore my dress as a skirt...


Here’s how: Throw a tee shirt or sweater over a dress to create the illusion that it’s a skirt.  Yesterday, I chose to don a Jones New York long-sleeved lace top (as featured in the pic, above) over my vintage Michael Kors wool dress (see this same dress styled as a jumper in this past post).  Since the top and dress (posing as a skirt) were both in the same color (black), I used a leopard print scarf and patterned tights to give my outfit an added bit of personality (smile).    


 I love rocking my dresses as skirts!  Doing so gives my wardrobe added “stretch” by creating a totally different look for a dress I already adore wearing.  It’s unexpected; yet, elegant. 


 As much as I love this dress, though, I am looking forward to retiring it until fall.  Yup, I’m itching to pull out my lighter weight pieces, and truly welcome springtime in grand style.  Who knows?  Perhaps next week...

Joy and peace.  T.