Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reflection Activity: Values that Resonate...

A recent art journal collage displays my personal & biz values!

I've decided to engage the services of a professional mentor on biz matters.  In preparation for my session with her later this month, I drafted both my personal and biz values.  In doing so, I used an exercise for identifying values found in author Kimberly Wilson's book Hip Tranquil Chick: A Guide to Life On and Off the Mat.

Kimberly has a great definition for what a value is ( p. 61): "A value is a principle or standard that you hold dear, a quality that you admire, seek to emulate, and strive for on a regular basis." What I came up with (in response) is featured below...

My Biz Values:
  • authenticity
  • adventure
  • freedom/independence
  • creativity
  • inspiration
My Personal Values:
  • accomplishment
  • creativity
  • tranquility
  • beauty
  • personal growth
What about you?  What are your personal and/or biz values?  Would adore hearing them!  

Joy & peace to you!  T.