Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Fave Time Saver




I realize I've said it before, but it has been one, extraordinarily-busy week!  Yesterday, while enjoying lunch with a group of girlfriends, I learned this was a common theme amongst all at the table. I'm guessing the whole  "been SO busy" routine is a global issue...

If you've been reading for a while, you know I work a 40+-hours-a-week day job while also pursuing my passion for writing and creating art in pretty much every other waking minute (smile).  My work weeks are jam-packed with "to do's," making my time at a premium.  About a year ago, I happened upon a free phone app that's enabled me to thoughtfully plan the coming week's outfits for the 9 to 5.  It's also served as a HUGE time saver for me.  It's Small Footprint, Inc's What I Wore app.

The original intent of this app is to photograph yourself wearing your daily wardrobe selections in an effort not to duplicate them within a certain timeframe.  My modification of the app has been to photograph my planned wardrobe selections for the coming week (Yup, I simply display a day's outfit (often with shoes and accessories included) on my bed and photograph each coming day's stylings).  During an uber-busy work week, this makes laying the next day's clothing out so much easier to do as I've already done the "hard" part (by simply deciding what to wear!).

Granted, the process takes about 20 minutes out of my weekend.  However, it's an unhurried, relaxed undertaking for me.  I adore playing vintage jazz and sipping herbal tea while I strategize the next week's outfits.  It definitely saves me time and potential frustration during a busy work week.  Plus, it affords me the opportunity to more fully exercise my creativity and be more selective about what I plan to wear the upcoming work week.

What's your fave time saver?  Would absolutely relish hearing about it!  T.