Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tickled Pink Woman Podcast: Episode #4





Access at iTunes Podcasts: Subscribe to Tickled Pink Woman 


Tickled Pink Woman Podcast Show Notes:
Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hello and welcome to Episode 4 of the Tickled Pink Woman podcast, a celebration of all things Zen, elegant and feminine.  The focus of today’s podcast: Simple ways to self-nurture.

The holiday season is already upon us… The use of simple self-care techniques can be used to make this the brightest holiday season yet!

Interchangeable terms used throughout this podcast: self-care, pampering, nurturing, self-love…

Author Stephanie Tourles’ definition of self care… (from her book 50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself

My definition of self-care (from a recent past guest blog post)…

Yes, I sometimes splurge on nurturing myself:
·      Pedicures
·      Manicures
·      Massages
·      Facials

My “go to” self-nurturing rituals, however, generally cost little or nothing and are relatively easy to implement:
·      Multivitamins;
·      Drinking plenty of water;
·      Honoring my Wise Self;
·      Using body and hand lotion;
·      Getting “physical;”
·      Resting, relaxing.
·      Dedicated solo time;
·      Claiming my creative gifts;
·      Feeding my mind;
·      Pursuing my dreams;
·      Stillness;
·      Reflection;
·      Affirmations;
·      Making healthy choices with food;
·      Being able to adapt (see how I recently adapted to care for myself);
·      Spiritual practices.

My tips for incorporating strategies around self-care:
·      Self-care starts from within…
·      Make your self-care routine easy to implement…

Pinking Shears: Ways to take today’s concepts away and tailor them for your needs! 

Activity #1: Identify your minimum requirements for self-care (a concept learned from author Jennifer Louden).  Mine are set forth in this past blog post.

Activity #2: List your favorite ways to nurture yourself.

Activity #3: Commit to consciously schedule no less than one self-care measure into your day for the next seven days.  Each day, schedule time to write about the experience.

Rosy Resources:

50 Simple Ways to Pamper Yourself by Stephanie Tourles

My self-care interview (published on fabulous Terry Cohoe’s blog, These Peas Taste Funny)


My past blog post about establishing minimum requirements for self-care (contains links to Jennifer Louden’s blog and free MP3 download)

Tickled Pink Woman Promo: If you enjoyed today’s podcast, I hope you will check out my blog it’s a great source for added inspiration and it is where today’s show notes will be housed: tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com.  Connect with me on Twitter (@TickledPinkTina) and Like Tickled Pink Woman on Facebook.  Check out my book, Eternal Presents: Accepting and Using the Precious, Intangible Gifts Others Give Us on Amazon and Etsy!

Thank you for joining me on today’s episode of the Tickled Pink Woman podcast. Hope you’ll join me this week on the blog! Joy & peace!