Friday, November 16, 2012

Taking A Few Deep Breaths This Friday A.M....

A scene from this week's lunchtime date with myself 

Oh my!  What a week!

Mind you, I’m not complaining.  I’m just taking a few deep breaths and a lengthy sigh of relief that Friday has arrived (smile). 

Funny thing; this was only a four-day work week.  I had Monday off, and truly didn’t do too much of anything that day.  In fact, I stayed in a majority of it.  I did enjoy watching a few of the season’s first snowflakes drift down outside my window as I wrote.  Read.  Stopped reading (more about this on Episode #3 of the Tickled Pink Woman podcast (scheduled to air early next week)).  Plus, ventured out for an evening yoga class (a totally relaxing close to an overall chill day). 

The rest of the week is pretty much a blur...  To sum it up best: my week was comprised of lots of deadlines, tough projects, an evening meeting, and scads of rushing from place to place. That’s okay, though.  I successfully crossed the finish line (so to speak). 

Was able to thoughtfully sprinkle a few nurturing touches--along the way this past week: a vegan lunch out one day, a yoga routine at home one evening, some candle lighting, a couple of hot soaks in the bathtub, scads of stretching along the way, journal writing before bedtime a few nights...  I’m pretty much convinced these little goodies are what enabled me to fuel forward—and, do so far more comfortably than I would have otherwise. 

Not thinking too much about what's on my weekend agenda right now.  Just giving thanks for today’s lighter schedule, date night this evening, and the chance to relax by the fireplace (post din din) tonight. 

Joy, peace and happy Friday to you!  T.