Sunday, November 18, 2012

Adaptation!

Saturday morning's personal adaption meant yummy bookstore browsing!

A standing breakfast date, downtown, with Mark, is usually how an ideal Saturday begins.  In fact, it's often one of my favorite points in the week.  

This past Saturday's agenda held a host of biz-related "to do's" on it.  What I initially envisioned was me--eagerly tackling + checking each task off my list (big smile planted firmly on my face)--post my beloved breakfast date.  Didn't quite happen the way I'd envisioned, though...

You see, I (somewhat last minute) learned that Mark had a ten o'clock optometry appointment, which would make it necessary for me to remain downtown, for an hour or so, following Saturday morning's breakfast date. Generally, this would not be a problem...  

Yesterday, however, my initial thoughts raced to how many less things I might be able to accomplish on my "all I want this weekend" list.  From there, they quickly shifted to, "Oh no, the holiday parade is taking place, today! Come ten o'clock, downtown will be an utter madhouse!"  Crowds, noise galore, dodging people left and right to navigate the sidewalks--none of it seemed appealing (in any way, shape or form) to me...

What I'm proud (and happy) to note is my thoughts thereafter (almost instantly, actually) were, "Okay... How can I make this work?"  I told Mark to go on ahead to his appointment; that I would mosey over to the sweet little coffee shop/used bookstore across the way (where I often love to browse, sip tea and drink java...).

Turned out to be a delicious Saturday morning after all--browsing books, sipping green tea, a spot of conversation with interesting fellow patrons and peeking out the window (from time to time) to catch a glimpse of a parade float or marching band.  Found a couple of great used books a nice home, too (wink).  And...I spent the rest of my afternoon quite productively despite my leisurely morning...

Adaptation!  What can I say that I haven't already (smile!)?  


Joy and peace this glorious day!  T.